Sunday, September 14, 2008

Exercising on the beach

Last Thursday at 12w, a pod of dolphins cavorted in the waves just 50 metres offshore as we exercised. The beauty of exercise at the beach is the lack of structure. Every day presents a different tide, a hard area of sand, a soft section of sand or clumps of seaweed to hurdle or sidestep. Exercise on the beach is akin to an amateur steeplechase ............minds and arms and legs and torsos testing their agility and decision making and the beauty of it is..................you rate yourself on your own performance and nobody knows how hard or how little you tried except maybe, that pod of dolphins watching from offshore.

It's not the loneliness of the long distance runner...........it's simply the best way to meet the new day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've not exercised on the beach, but I'm sure the scenery is more appealing than looking at sweaty people at the gym. lol. I would probably exercise at the beach if I actually lived near one. I've ran along a path towards Manhattan Beach. It's so nice and beautiful over there...and the whether is fantastic! Hmmm...maybe I'll go running this Saturday.

Btw, have you ever tried one of those pills or supplements that help you lose weight? I've always been wary about them, but I've decided to try them out and see what they're all about. I work for this company, Stacker 2, that makes them. They are an herbal supplement called Appuloss Diet and they help in losing weight and controlling your diet. It also helps you burn fat. Something I definitely need.

I really hope I'm not overstepping any boundaries by telling you about this. If you have any questions, you can reach me on my email.

If you want to know more about Appuloss Diet, you can check them out on their website:
http://www.stacker2.com

Have a great day!

Amanda Burke
Stacker 2 Ambassador
amanda6hrpower@gmail.com